What are the differences between ClickFunnels and ConvertKit? More importantly, which service best fits your business’ needs? Find out here!
ClickFunnels vs. ConvertKit
Which service best fits your business’ needs?
In this 2020 overview, that’s the questions we’re going to help you answer. We’re going to compare the integrations, features, price, and third-party reviews of both ClickFunnels and ConvertKit.
But before we dive into all of that.
Let’s answer one very important question.
What’s the difference between ClickFunnels and ConvertKit?
The biggest difference between ClickFunnels and ConvertKit is that ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder and ConvertKit is an email service provider.
In other words, you can use ClickFunnels to build high-converting sales funnels…
… and you can use ConvertKit to send versatile and effective email campaigns.
But, that’s oversimplifying things a bit.
While ClickFunnels and ConvertKit both have a specific area of expertise, they also have a suite of features to support their member’s businesses.
And that’s where the overlap begins.
While ClickFunnels is primarily a sales funnel builder, it can also be used to collect leads, organize lists, send broadcasts, and customize autoresponder campaigns (along with quite a few other capabilities that we’ll discuss later).
At the same time, ConvertKit is an email service provider that can also be used to build landing pages, sell products online, and more.
But here’s what you should keep in mind: these tools are most effective when they’re used for their primary purpose.
ConvertKit is more versatile and effective for sending email campaigns while ClickFunnels is more effective and streamlined for generating leads and selling products online.
Both are great services — they are just great at different things.
In fact, when used together for their own primary purposes, their capabilities compound and create something even more remarkable.
(That’s why ClickFunnels email autoresponder easily integrates with ConvertKit and other similar services)
Now that you understand the primary difference between ClickFunnels and ConvertKit, let’s dive into the rest of the review!
TL;DR Overview Of ClickFunnels vs. ConvertKit Review
Short on time? Here’s the bullet-list TL;DR overview of our ClickFunnels vs. ConvertKit breakdown.
- The difference? ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder and ConvertKit is an email service provider. The tools have some overlap in their features, but they are most effective when used for their primary purposes.
- ClickFunnels and ConvertKit easily integrate together, so you might consider using both services in tandem.
- If you only want to send well-designed and versatile emails to your list, then ConvertKit is the way to go. If you want to build a high-converting sales funnel to generate leads and sell products, then ClickFunnels is the ticket. If you want to do both, consider using both ClickFunnels and ConvertKitin tandem.
- Both ClickFunnels and ConvertKit are trustworthy and have been around for quite some time.
- Both services have a free trial — so try them both out and see how it goes!
Here are some of ClickFunnels’ most noteworthy features.
High-Converting Sales Funnels
ClickFunnels’ best feature is its proven-to-work, plug-and-play, sales funnel templates. These sales funnels have literally generated millions of dollars for entrepreneurs all around the world (just check out our Two Comma Club). And they can do the same for your business. We have sales funnels for generating leads, selling products, and hosting online events. Go here to learn more about how the sales funnel works.
Drag-and-Drop Page Builder
Side by side with our sales funnel templates is our powerful drag-and-drop page builder. That means, while you can start with a high-converting template, you can also customize any of those pages to fit your brand, your message, and your products or services.
Email marketing is an extremely important part of building an online business. In fact, we’ve found that there’s a direction correlation between the number of subscribers you have to the amount of money you make every month (typically, it’s $1 per subscriber per month). That’s why we give our members the ability to collect email addresses, organize contacts into lists, and send broadcast campaigns.
Follow-Up Funnel Builder
Speaking of email marketing, you know one of the most effective tactics that you can use to sell more products? Follow-up funnels. These are email-based funnels that trigger when someone purchases, abandons their cart, or takes some other noteworthy action. They can be used to recapture lost sales or upsell new customers. Just tell us what you want to say and when you want to say it. We’ll do the rest.
A membership site is a website that allows you to secure monthly or annual recurring payments from your subscribers and then deliver exclusive content to those people. The site also allows members to log in and out to access their personal accounts. With ClickFunnels, you can easily create a membership site.
Own an ecommerce business? Or maybe you want to start one? Not a problem. With ClickFunnels, you can seamlessly build a typical ecommerce website. Then you can build sales funnels to promote certain products and convert new customers like clockwork.
Sales Funnel Analytics
Want to know how your new sales funnel is performing? Just visit your sales funnel and click on “Stats” to view automatically reported mission-critical metrics.
At ClickFunnels, we’re marketers. And if there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that you can’t know anything until you’ve tested it. That’s why we give our members the ability to split test their sales funnels — because a better conversion rate is just one test away.
With ClickFunnels, you don’t need to seek out third-party domain hosting (although you can if you want!). You can move your domain over or even purchase a new domain right inside of ClickFunnels. We’ll keep it online for you free of charge!
Free Affiliate Account
All ClickFunnels members also get their own affiliate account. Whenever you refer someone to ClickFunnels, you can get up to 40% recurring commission on their monthly payments. This is a great way to go if you’re not sure what kind of online business you want to build.
Here are some of ConvertKit’s most noteworthy features.
Versatile Email Builder
ConvertKit’s email creator is intuitive and easy to use. They also have predesigned templates for you to choose from and then customize.
In email marketing, nothing’s quite as important as the autoresponder. This is the part of ConvertKit’s software that sends emails automatically when a subscriber takes a certain action — such as abandoning their cart, visiting a specific page, or opting in to your email list.
Want to know how your emails are performing? ConvertKit will deliver all mission-critical email marketing metrics straight to your dashboard — such as open rate, click-through rate, and bounce rate. You can even run A/B tests to determine what email elements are most appealing to your audience.
As with most email service providers, ConvertKit has a versatile and simple system for organizing and managing subscribers. You can automatically segment your list using tags, engagement scores, and demographical data.
Landing Page Builder
As a ConvertKit member, you need somewhere to collect all those email addresses, right? Well, ConvertKit also offers a landing page builder that allows users to build simple pages for collecting subscribers and even selling products.
Email Sign Up Forms
ConvertKit also has a feature that allows you to design and add simple opt-in forms to your website. These forms will automatically send subscriber information to your ConvertKit account.
These integration lists are not exhaustive. They simply highlight some of the more noteworthy integrations that both ClickFunnels and ConvertKit offer.
Here are some of the main integrations that ClickFunnels offers.
- Twilio — Use to personalize and schedule SMS messages.
- Embed A Calendar Into Your Funnel — Use to allow leads to schedule themselves on your calendar. Can use lots of different calendar software for integration.
- YouZign — Use for hosting custom images on YouZign and then publishing those same images on ClickFunnels.
- VWO Engage — Use to set up push notifications for your funnels.
- SalesForce — Use if you want to integrate SalesForce with your ClickFunnels account.
- Warrior Plus — Use to sell Warrior Plus products in your ClickFunnels site.
- Disc Delivered — Use to enable automatic order fulfillment when someone places an order in your funnel.
- Stripe Payment — Use Stripe as a payment integration and send funnel customers receipts directly from Stripe.
- Kajabi — Use to connect your products in ClickFunnels with membership areas in Kajabi.
- PayPal — Use to add a PayPal button to your ClickFunnels page and accept payments through PayPal.
- WordPress — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with your WordPress website.
- Shopify — Use to integrate your Shopify website with your ClickFunnels account.
- Slybroadcast — Use to send voicemails from Slybroadcast to your subscribers in ClickFunnels.
- Shipstation — Use to set up Shipstation for order fulfillment once someone purchases through ClickFunnels.
- Zapier — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with any other popular service.
- ZenDirect — Use to send customer information from ClickFunnels to ZenDirect to ship items from ZenDirect.
Here are some of the main integrations that ConvertKit offers.
- Crowdcast — Use to host live webinars and broadcast them to your audience.
- Stripe — Use as an online payment gateway.
- KingSumo — Use to run giveaways and grow your email list.
- Join By Text — Use to capture leads through SMS.
- Sumo — Use to connect your Sumo account to your ConvertKit account.
- Gumroad — Use to create subscription plans.
- ClickFunnels — Use to build high-converting sales funnels.
- Zapier — Use to integrate with other major online services.
ClickFunnels has two pricing options.
The first costs $97 per month and includes 20 funnels, 100 pages, 1 user, 3 payments gateways and domains, chat support, and access to our Funnel Hacker Forum as well as Funnel Flix (which is basically Netflix for entrepreneurs).
The second plan costs $297 per month and includes unlimited funnels and pages, 3 users, 9 payment gateways and domains, unlimited follow up funnels, priority support, weekly peer review hackathons, and access to our Funnel Hacker Forum as well as Funnel Flix.
But there’s no need to pull out your wallet right now — you can try us free for 14 days!
ConvertKit has three different plans that have different prices depending on whether you sign up for monthly or annual payment plans.
The first plan is free (it doesn’t even require a credit card) and it allows for up to 1,000 subscribers.
The second plan starts at $29 per month and allows for 1,000 subscribers, as well as providing automated funnels and email sequences, premium support, and versatile integrations.
The third plan is $59 per month and additionally provides Facebook custom audiences, deliverability reporting, priority support, and more.
Also notice that you can also change the list size on these plans to change how much it’s going to cost you. In that sense, ConvertKit scales with your list growth.
But no need to pull out your wallet yet.
ConvertKit has a free trial. Might as well try ‘em out before you pay!
ClickFunnels Case Study & Reviews
Check out the video below to learn how Jaime used ClickFunnels to build a 7-figure ecommerce store selling skincare products!
ConvertKit Demo & Reviews
We couldn’t find a case study for ConvertKit, but here’s a step by step tutorial to how to use their service!
ClickFunnels vs. ConvertKit: Which Service Do YOU Choose?
ClickFunnels and ConvertKit are both great services.
But which one is the best fit for your business?
Do you need a versatile email marketing service? Then ConvertKit is probably the way to go.
Do you need to generate more leads and sell more products online? Then ClickFunnels is the ticket.
If you want to do both of those things, then integrate ClickFunnels and ConvertKit together and reap the benefit of both tools — each has a 14 day free trial… so what’ve you got to lose?