Trying to choose between ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign? Here, we’ll do a side-by-side comparison of the features, integrations, and pricing of both services!
Choosing between two high-quality services like ActiveCampaign and ClickFunnels is difficult.
Ultimately, the choice you make comes down to the features and integrations you require, as well as the general capabilities of the tool.
As we’ll find, while ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign are both great at what they do, they do fundamentally different things.
That fact — and our following explanation — should help you make a decision.
So let’s start there.
What’s the difference between ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign?
The main difference between ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign is that ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder and ActiveCampaign is an email service provider.
Both have features that venture outside of those strict definitions, but still, each service’s strengths lie in its specialties.
For ClickFunnels, that’s helping entrepreneurs build online sales funnels that guide people toward becoming a lead or purchasing a product.
Essentially, a sales funnel is just a series of pages that are crafted for a singular purpose… to inspire people, one step at a time, to register for your online event, opt-into your email list, or purchase your product.
And sales funnels are far more effective than traditional websites, which just confuse and overwhelm most visitors.
(Just ask our hundreds of Two Comma Club members, who’ve built 7-figure businesses with our sales funnel methodology!)
But every sales funnel is different.
We have (free!) sales funnel templates for generating leads, converting customers, or hosting online events — click here to go claim your free sales funnel!
As for ActiveCampaign, it’s an effective and versatile tool for collecting email leads, then segmenting and communicating with that audience.
(On their website, ActiveCampaign makes a particularly big deal of its email automation capabilities)
That’s the biggest difference between ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign.
ClickFunnels helps you generate leads and make sales like clockwork. ActiveCampaign helps you communicate with your customers and leads in a meaningful way.
In tandem, the two services work wonderfully together.
This is probably why they integrate so easily…
So you might consider using both ActiveCampaign and ClickFunnels together.
But no need to make a decision yet — we still have more details to discuss!
TL;DR Overview Of ClickFunnels vs. ActiveCampaign Review
Short on time?
Here’s our TL;DR overview of our ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign comparison.
- ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign are fundamentally different.
- ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder that helps with generating leads and making sales.
- ActiveCampaign is an email service provider that helps you build meaningful relationships with your existing audience.
- ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign integrate easily together.
- Both ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign have plenty of features to support members businesses.
- ActiveCampaign, unlike some other ESPs, doubles as a CRM.
- ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign have great reviews from members.
- Both ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign have free trials, so why not try them out before you make a decision?
Here are some of ClickFunnels’ most noteworthy features.
High-Converting Sales Funnels
At ClickFunnels, we’ve run thousands (and I mean thousands) of tests to determine what types of sales funnels convert people most seamlessly. And there are six different funnels that have stood out from the rest (go here to find out what they are). We give our members access to these funnels so that they can start generating leads and converting customers like never before!
Drag-and-Drop Page Builder
Want to customize your sales funnels? Not a problem! Not only can you customize the steps within your sales funnel, but you can also customize each page and its elements with our simple drag-and-drop editor.
It’s entirely possible (and easy!) to integrate ClickFunnels with an email service provider like ActiveCampaign. But maybe you don’t want to pay for the extra tool… no worries! With ClickFunnels, you can collect email leads, organize them into different lists, and contact those leads whenever you want!
Follow-Up Funnel Builder
Some people think that if someone doesn’t convert the first time they enter your sales funnel, then they’re never going to convert. Of course, that’s not true. And our members have found our follow-up funnel builder to be one of the most useful features for recapturing lost sales or upselling new customers. A follow-up funnel is an email-based sales funnel that triggers when your leads take a specific action (like buying a product or abandoning their cart).
Selling access to exclusive monthly content has become a common way for websites to generate recurring revenue. And with ClickFunnels, you have everything you need to build a full-fledged membership site.
ClickFunnels and ecommerce companies are two peas in a pod. ClickFunnels specializes in selling products and… well, every ecommerce store wants to sell more products. With ClickFunnels, you can build an ecommerce website, sales funnels that drive people to actually buy your products, and follow-up funnels that make the most of every lead.
Sales Funnel Analytics
Want to know how your sales funnels are performing? Just go to your ClickFunnels dashboard and check out the mission-critical stats!
Great online marketers are always testing something. With little iterations to your sales funnel, you can improve your conversion rate in a short amount of time. And with ClickFunnels, you can split test any element of your sales funnel.
With ClickFunnels, there’s no need to seek out third-party website hosting. Just connect your existing domain or purchase a new domain right through your ClickFunnels account — easy as pie!
Free Affiliate Account
All ClickFunnels members get set up with a free affiliate account. That means you can receive ongoing payments (up to 40% commission!) when you refer someone to ClickFunnels!
Here are some of ActiveCampaigns’ most noteworthy features.
Lead scoring gives you the ability to quantify the motivation level of your prospects. And with ActiveCampaign, you can set custom behavioral triggers that increase or decrease a person’s motivation score.
ActiveCampaign has a lot of advanced email marketing automation capabilities. You can set ActiveCampaign to automatically create new deals when a person takes a specific action (like downloading a lead magnet), nurture leads based on lead score, create complex workflows and drip campaigns, and reach people on multiple platforms.
Want your sales team to know when someone unsubscribes, visits a sales page, or submits a form? Those initial moments are often the most important. And ActiveCampaign can send notifications right when someone takes one of those mission-critical actions.
ActiveCampaign doubles as a CRM (Customer Relationship Management). This means that you aren’t limited to sending and receiving emails. You can also manage your leads, deals, workflow, team assignments, and tons more right inside of ActiveCampaign.
In today’s world, nobody is just using email. They’re using email and Facebook and Instagram and quite a few other platforms. ActiveCampaign allows you to create automated sequences that utilize many different channels.
As with sales funnels, split testing is important for email marketing. You can learn a lot by changing one element within your email and testing to see whether version A or B performs better. And ActiveCampaign gives you the ability to do that.
These integration lists are not exhaustive. They simply highlight some of the more noteworthy integrations that both ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign offer.
Here are some of the main integrations that ClickFunnels offers.
- Twilio — Use to personalize and schedule SMS messages.
- Embed A Calendar Into Your Funnel — Use to allow leads to schedule themselves on your calendar. Can use lots of different calendar software for integration.
- YouZign — Use for hosting custom images on YouZign and then publishing those same images on ClickFunnels.
- VWO Engage — Use to set up push notifications for your funnels.
- SalesForce — Use if you want to integrate SalesForce with your ClickFunnels account.
- Warrior Plus — Use to sell Warrior Plus products in your ClickFunnels site.
- Disc Delivered — Use to enable automatic order fulfillment when someone places an order in your funnel.
- Stripe Payment — Use Stripe as a payment integration and send funnel customers receipts directly from Stripe.
- Kajabi — Use to connect your products in ClickFunnels with membership areas in Kajabi.
- PayPal — Use to add a PayPal button to your ClickFunnels page and accept payments through PayPal.
- WordPress — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with your WordPress website.
- Shopify — Use to integrate your Shopify website with your ClickFunnels account.
- Slybroadcast — Use to send voicemails from Slybroadcast to your subscribers in ClickFunnels.
- Shipstation — Use to set up Shipstation for order fulfillment once someone purchases through ClickFunnels.
- Zapier — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with any other popular service.
- ZenDirect — Use to send customer information from ClickFunnels to ZenDirect to ship items from ZenDirect.
Here are some of the main integrations that ActiveCampaign offers.
- ClickFunnels — Use to integrate with your ClickFunnels account.
- Facebook — Use to connect your Facebook campaigns to your email marketing.
- Google Analytics — Use to connect website metrics to your email marketing.
- Zapier — Use to integrate with any other major services.
- Typeform — Use to create surveys that inform your email marketing campaigns.
- Textiful — Use to create text message campaigns and connect those to your ActiveCampaign account.
- Stripe — Use as a payment gateway.
- LiveChat — Use to chat with website visitors.
- Gumroad — Use to create subscription payment plans.
ClickFunnels has two pricing options.
The first costs $97 per month and includes 20 funnels, 100 pages, 1 user, 3 payment gateways and domains, chat support, and access to our Funnel Hacker Forum as well as Funnel Flix (which is basically Netflix for entrepreneurs).
The second plan costs $297 per month and includes unlimited funnels and pages, 3 users, 9 payment gateways and domains, unlimited follow-up funnels, priority support, weekly peer review hackathons, and access to our Funnel Hacker Forum as well as Funnel Flix.
But there’s no need to pull out your wallet right now — you can try us free for 14 days!
ActiveCampaign has four plans that vary in price depending upon how many subscribers you’re starting out with.
In that sense, their prices scale with the growth of your email list.
Their first plan (minimum of $9/month) includes unlimited emails, subscription forms, segmentation, and other base features.
Their second plan (minimum of $49/month) adds on landing pages, Facebook custom audiences, contact scoring, SMS marketing, and some other advanced features.
Their third plan (minimum of $129/month) adds website personalization, predictive sending and predictive content, marketing attributions, and split automation.
And their final plan (minimum of $229/month) adds custom reporting, custom domain and custom email server, as well as free design services.
But they have a free trial, so give that a shot before pulling out your wallet!
ClickFunnels Case Study & Reviews
Check out the video below to learn how Jaime used ClickFunnels to build a 7-figure ecommerce store selling skincare products!
ActiveCampaign Demo & Reviews
We couldn’t find a video case study for ActiveCampaign, but here’s a demo video!
ClickFunnels Vs. ActiveCampaign: Which Do You Choose?
So which is it gonna be: ActiveCampaign or ClickFunnels?
As you’ve seen, both services are great at what they do and both services do fundamentally different things.
If you want to generate more leads and make more sales online, ClickFunnels can help.
If you want to build more meaningful relationships with your customers and leads through email marketing, then ActiveCampaign might be the answer.
If you want to do both of those things, then consider integrating ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign together.
They both have free trials, so you can give ‘em a shot before you make a final decision!