Save time and schedule your posts on Feed or Stories in 3 simple steps. It’s quick and easy!
Before you start:
Instagram currently divides accounts into two categories: Professional -which in turn is divided into Business and Creator– and Personal.
Each offers different advantages, as they also have different functions. The best option for you will depend on how you use Instagram. You can learn more about how to turn your Personal Instagram account into a Professional one here.
On Postcron, you will be able to schedule and post automatically to Business accounts, without notifications or reminders. However, you can only publish posts in your Feed.
On the other hand, on a Personal account you must finish your posts through a notification sent by the Postcron app. This method allows you to schedule posts for both Feed and Stories, while still taking advantage of all the Instagram features when you finish the post on their app!
In other words, at Postcron, we divide the types of Instagram social accounts according to the posting dynamics: Business accounts will have automatic posting enabled and accounts linked as Personal will work with notifications.
You can add any type of Instagram account to post with notifications, the same way as a Personal account works on Postcron. But you can only add as a Business account the ones that meet the requirements for this type of account. If you are interested in posting automatically on Instagram, read more in this related article!
Why should you schedule Instagram posts with notifications?
If you still aren’t sure about the benefits of using notifications to publish Instagram posts with Postcron, here are some tips that may interest you:
- Save time posting and get more time to plan: take care of the consistency and quality of your content and how they impact your social media strategy.
- Post daily and at the appropriate times: check your analytics and schedule your post for the time span your audience shows more interest.
- Use Postcron’s Hashtag finder to increase the reach of your posts.
- Optimize the aesthetics and quality of your posts with ArtStudio, the ideal tool for designing your posts for all your social networks.
- Integrate WhatsApp to your social media strategy with Postcron’s free link generator.
How to add Instagram accounts on Postcron to post with notifications?
It’s very easy! With only two steps you can start scheduling and managing your Instagram posts. Click on the Instagram icon under “Add Accounts” and then on “Personal.”
Name your account in a way that will be easy for you to identify to which account your posts belong to when you post them (you don’t have to log into Instagram or give us your username and password).
When you get the notification on your mobile device, it will show the account’s name as chosen on Postcron; so we recommend that the name you choose is your Instagram handle (or a name that helps you easily identify which Instagram account the post belongs to), so you can know if you need to switch accounts on the Instagram app before posting (if you only have one account, disregard this).
You can also add your Business account using this method, as this would enable you to post with notifications as well, and schedule Stories!
Here are some things you need to keep in mind before you start scheduling posts on Instagram with Postcron:
- Download the Postcron mobile App (if you haven’t done it yet): from the App Store or Google Play.
- Make sure that on the Postcron App you log into the same Postcron account you are logged on the website.
Also make sure to log into the Instagram accounts you’ll be posting to on the Instagram App.
This is how you can switch between your logged in Instagram accounts on the Instagram app.
STEP 1: Create a Feed post or story for Instagram. From either the web version or the app.
- On Postcron’s publisher, add the photo or video you want to post to Instagram
- Type the caption for your post.
- Click on Schedule and select the date and time you want your post to be posted.
STEP 2: Check and approve your posts from your mobile device
1.You will receive a push notification on your mobile device at the exact time your post was scheduled.
2. Before moving on, make sure to log into the Instagram account your post belongs to on the Instagram app. You will be able to preview to which social account your post belongs to on the notification (if you only have one Instagram account, skip this step).
3. Open the notification and check your post, then click on “Continue on Instagram”.
STEP 3: Finish your posts on Instagram
- You will be redirected to Instagram and you will be able to choose to post to either the Feed or Stories.
- Edit the post the way you want on the Instagram app.
- The caption for the post will be in your clipboard, to add it just paste it on the text box.
When you are ready, click “Next” and then “Share”!
That is all! Easy, right? Now you can schedule and publish your Instagram posts, while also improving your content strategy. We hope our tools can help you grow your audience and to become a master of the number one social media platform!
Frequently asked questions:
A. I’m not receiving the notifications
Check some frequent notification issues to make sure your Instagram posts arrive on time! If you created the posts from Postcron’s web version, make sure you are logged into the same Postcron account on the app! Go to the Notification Settings on your mobile phone and make sure you enable Postcron notifications. We recommend that you check more information on how to manage notifications on your mobile device:
B. How many Instagram accounts can I link to my device?
Instagram limits the number of accounts per device to 5. Within that limit you can quickly switch between them without having to login again. For more information, visit Instagram’s support page.
C. How are the push notifications?
You will see them as notifications on the mobile device with the Postcron app installed and that’s logged into your Postcron account. On them you will see which Instagram account your post belongs to. We recommend checking if you are logged into the correct account before opening the notification.
D. How many posts can I post per day?
With the notifications dynamic (Personal Instagram accounts) you can post up to 140 posts (Feed or Story) to each Instagram account per day. With direct posting (Business Instagram accounts) you can post up to 25 posts (Feed only) per day.
Are you ready to start scheduling your Instagram posts? Start today with Postcron!